Description of the Template and Guide
A value stream map makes it easy to visualize the process used to get value to the customer. Functional teams visualize their group’s work and information flow so that everyone is able to see, understand and improve the making of the product or service. The aim is for the work to flow better for customers and get easier for employees to complete profitably and safely.
Use this meeting agenda template to set up and help guide your team through your next Value Stream Mapping workshop.
24-page Facilitator's Guide with tips, step-by-step instructions, & resources
Visualize and improve a process
- Author: Dan Prock
- Duration: 4 - 8 hours
- Group Size: 8 to 20+
- Solution Categories: Product Developers
- Meeting Types: What is a Workshop Meeting?
- Workshop Purpose (20 minutes)
- Introductions (10 minutes)
- Confirm/Present Agenda + Timings (3 minutes)
- Level Setting Presentations by Functional Leaders (if needed, MAX 15 min each)
- Populate/Confirm Swim Lanes
- Present and Critique Swim Lanes
- Identify Dependencies and Discuss Solutions
- Present Dependencies, Solutions, and Counter-Measures
- Final Review: Identify Bursts and Prioritize Action list
- Final Closing
- Confirm Action Items
- Address Parking Lot
- Decide: Is a future-state VSM justified?
- Preview Follow-Up Meeting Schedule and Cascading/Reporting Messages
See More Templates
A free meeting agenda template for sharing information, driving accountability and resolving leadership team challenges. Includes an 18-page detailed instruction guide.
A free meeting agenda template used to understand, evaluate and decide how to tackle an important decision. Includes a 21-page detailed instruction guide.
A free meeting agenda template for running your team's daily huddle in just 10 to 15 minutes. Includes a 7-page detailed instruction guide.
A free meeting agenda template to examine and refresh your strategic plan. Includes a 10-page detailed instruction guide.