You can find an introduction to Broadcast Meetings in Chapter 34 of Where the Action Is. These resources will help you plan, run, and troubleshoot the specific Broadcast Meetings your team needs.
A Broadcast Meeting is used by teams when they need to share information with a large group, either internally or externally.
- What do we know that we feel should be shared with our larger group?
- With the outside world?
- Marketing Webinar
- Press Conference
- Team Announcement
- All-Hands Announcement
- To share information that inspires (or prevents) action.
- Knowledge distribution.
- Improved or repaired reputation.
- New sales leads.
- Improved group cohesion.
- Awareness of what’s available from other organizations.
- Awareness of what’s happening in your organization.
- Feeling of “being in the know” and part of the group.
Meeting Agenda Templates and Guides
How to Run an All-Hands Situation Update MeetingElise Keith - This meeting may look similar to a high-stakes press briefing. One or more leaders will take turns sharing the content described below in the order that makes the best sense for the situation. Then, leadership will answer questions. The most senior leader should end the meeting by sharing information about the... [ more ]
Recommended Reading & Resources
- "How SoundCloud Keeps Communication Flowing Across 4 Offices in 4 Time Zones", First Round Review.
Glossary of Meeting Terms
Toastmasters is an international organization dedicated to helping people become better public speakers. Membership is open to anyone who wants to become a more confident public speaker.
A webinar is a seminar, training session, or other broadcast conducted over the Internet. Webinars feature one or more central speakers presenting information to a large group of registered attendees. While...