What is the Stinky Fish technique?
The Stinky Fish technique was developed by Åsa Silfverberg at Hyper Island as way to unleash group collaboration. The purpose of the technique is to surface hidden (stinky!) issues that may block true collaboration by putting them on the table as early in the collaboration process as practically possible. The group learns to open up and communicate with increased trust in one another, reduce pretense, and generally become more receptive to new knowledge and insights.
Note: this should not be confused with the Stinky Fish challenge (eating Surströmming) seen on various social media!
- Stinky Fish article via Hyper Island
- Stinky Fish technique via Hyper Island
- Stinky Fish technique via Session Lab
- Uncover the Stinky Fish Canvas
- How to transform the Design Sprint into a powerful Team Development Week (Google)