What is a Meeting Flow Model?
A Meeting Flow Model is a form of process documentation that highlights the main meetings used to achieve a business result. A Meeting Flow Model works by describing the specific meetings used for each situation. Like all process documentation, these models reduce ambiguity and create a common language for getting work done that, when applied properly, speeds execution.
Meeting Flow Models are composed of one or more reference documents. Each model includes:
- The Meeting Flow Model’s name (e.g., Webinar Production or Leadership Team Cadence).
- A description of what teams can achieve using this flow.
- A list of the meetings in the flow.
- An indication of how these meetings work together, including the meeting sequence, cadence, and other timing considerations. This is most often documented in a diagram.
- Guidance for running each of the meetings in the model.