What is Creative Problem Solving?
Creative Problem Solving (CPS) is a method that attempts to approach a problem or a challenge in an innovative way. The process helps redefine problems and opportunities to come up with new responses and solutions.
There are many variations on the basic Creative Problem Solving process, some of which work nicely in group meetings. The simplest form of the process includes these steps:
- Clarify (the objectives, the problem, the facts, the opportunity)
- Generate Ideas (come up with possible solutions or approaches)
- Solve (develop ideas into solutions or experiments)
- Implement (create a plan and secure commitment to next steps)
- Creative Problem Solving: Finding Innovative Solutions to Challenges ~ on MindTools
- 10 Examples of Creative Problem Solving ~by John Spacey
- Idea Generation: What is Creative Problem Solving? ~ by Anastasia for Cleverism