This program is for teams who know they need to run better meetings and want a fast, effective way to get started
If you've tried to improve meetings in the past, only to have your good efforts fizzle away, or if you know you need to do something about your meetings but you don't know where to start, then this program is for you.
Do any of these sound like your team?
- My team is not committed to a shared goal, so we see mediocre results.
- My team holds meetings that sometimes have no point.
- Some members of my team lack accountability to the group.
- At times, my team members show a low level of mutual trust or respect.
If this feels familiar, then your team could use a reboot.
Most companies only offer employees an average of 12 minutes of training and development per year.
However, 87% of millennials rate "professional development opportunities" as important to them in their job, and 71% expect to leave their employer in the next two years because they are unhappy with their access to leadership development skills.
Meeting skills are essential for leadership development because they're the most actionable, practical, and measurable skills a leader can learn.
Meeting skills are also one training area where focused attention can lead to better employee engagement, higher retention rates, and improved company culture. And yet, fewer than 20% of managers in the US receive any kind of meeting skills training at all.
The Successful Meetings Quickstart Program was designed to equip teams with reliable methods to learn, apply, and practice meeting skills - because it works.
Offering this type of program to your teams is not only a great opportunity to make your organization more appealing to millennial talent, but also to benefit from our extensive research and the learning exercises intentionally designed to deliver the results experienced by the most advanced teams.
What the Program Delivers
The Successful Meetings Quickstart Program includes everything a team needs to:
- Evaluate their current meetings, identify target areas for improvement, and measure results.
Program participants learn to evaluate their existing meetings using science-backed success criteria.
- Learn the science and practice of effective meetings.
Participants will learn what the research from neuroscience, behavioral economics, and team performance reveals about meetings, and how high-performing companies like Amazon, Pixar and others ensure their meetings get results.
- Establish clear expectations for meetings going forward.
Participants jointly create new meeting agreements they’ll use to guide their own meeting performance throughout the program.
- Design the specific meetings they need to run to achieve their goals.
Participants create meeting flow models describing exactly which meetings they need to run in order to achieve their goals. They then cancel unnecessary meetings so they can focus on improving the important meetings they need to run.
- Gain the skills and practice necessary to design and run those meetings successfully.
Working in small teams, participants create a meeting template that they can use to run an excellent meeting going forward. Each team designs a different meeting, then shares these designs for the whole group to use.
A Quickstart includes:
- Initial Evaluation
Work with our experts to discuss your needs and identify opportunities to customize this program for your team. Then, get a report of the "before" state of your team meetings using our Meeting Performance Maturity Assessment model.
- The Successful Meetings Quickstart Workshop
Delivered as an onsite workshop or a series of live virtual workshops
Get your whole team involved in changing your meetings for the better in a fun, inspiring workshop tailored for your organization. In this in-person workshop, you will:
- Engage the whole team as you uncover what does and doesn't work in the way you meet today.
- Make new agreements about how you'll meet moving forward.
- Outline the key meetings the team needs to run well to achieve your goals
- Get hands-on practice with simple meeting techniques you can use going forward.
- Identify practical next steps and owners who will take charge of implementing your team's new agreements.
- Create measurable adoption targets and commit to a check-in date for assessing results.
- Enrollment in the "Essential Skills for Effective Meetings" Online Course
Build on the momentum created in the workshop and ensure your team has the practical skills they need to get results by enrolling meeting leaders in this practical on-demand course. Teams design a custom meeting template as the final project in this course.
- Six Live Momentum Sessions
Each 60-minute live session provides opportunities for hands-on practice and Q&A with our meeting experts, who provide directed solutions to your unique meeting challenges.
- Post-Program Evaluation and Reporting
Get a report of the "after" state of your team meetings using our Meeting Performance Maturity Assessment, plus our and your team's observations from throughout the program.
$895 USD per participant + travel. Minimum 10 participants.
Program Duration and Time Investment
The Program takes three months to complete.
Participants have the opportunity to engage through live workshops, course work, and group calls. Participants also apply what they’re learning to every day business meetings, giving each one many opportunities to practice and refine what they’re learning throughout the program.