What is Facilitation?
Facilitation is the work involved in designing and running a successful meeting. To facilitate literally means "to make the process easy." Facilitation skills include:
- Planning an appropriate process for a specific meeting
- Engaging the group during the meeting and maintaining a positive participatory environment
- Ensuring the meeting produces the desired outcomes and deliverables
- International Association of Facilitators Core Competencies
- Wikipedia: Facilitation (business)
- 10 Tips for Overcoming Facilitation Fears ~ by Nancy Settle-Murphy